|Thank you for your enquiry and choosing the Cape Town International Convention Centre to host your event.
Please note the detailed information with regards to available services and facilities at the CTICC in addition to your venue rental report/initial cost estimation.
- Standard textured cream napery (white)
- Conference chairs*
- Conference table fitted linen (grey)
- Conference tables*
- Perimeter security of the building
- Standard electricity supply (bulk supply at an additional cost in all venues and charged on consumption for some)
- The Auditoria include a screen, projector and built-in PA system with a stand microphone (sufficient for speeches)
- The Meeting Room blocks include one screen per divided space
* PLEASE NOTE THIS EXCLUDES THE EXHIBITION HALLS
Please note that certain services are compulsory CTICC services, while others are compulsory event services, but clients have the option to identify and use their own service providers and lastly there are additional services.
COMPULSORY SERVICES AT THE CTICC:
EVENT COMPULSORY SERVICES:
|Carpeting in Exhibition Halls|
|Emergency Medical Services|
|Audio Visual Services|
|Exhibition Stand Building|
|Freight Forwarding & Logistics|
INFORMATION REGARDING EXHIBITIONS / LARGER EVENTS
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE
A certificate of compliance is required
for the following:
- Electrical connections
- Gas installations
- Structural engineers certificates
- Fire retardant draping certificate
An event floor plan would need to be submitted to the CTICC no later than one month before the event date for pre-approval. This needs to be completed on a CTICC floor plan (to scale), and the following should be indicated on the plan:
- All stands/ chairs/ tables
- All emergency exits/entrances
- AV equipment/ Rigging
- Dance floor (size)
- Drape lines
- Firefighting equipment (extinguishers/ hose reels)
- Medical room
- Registration desks
- Rigging plan
- Space between all items on the plan (aisle spaces not less than 3m)
- Stages/ podiums (dimensions of all stages must be provided)
- Any other special builds or structures (a temporary building permit may apply to some structures)
The CTICC is able to issue clients with the necessary documents for completion to obtain an event permit from the City of Cape Town, and can submit it on a client’s behalf; however the permit application is the responsibility of the event organiser and should be submitted in the required time frame. We cannot assist applications received after 20 days before the event.
Where an Event Permit is required, the event can unfortunately not commence without an approved event permit issued by the City of Cape Town. A copy should be forwarded to the CTICC prior to the event. The event permit application can be obtained from the City of
Cape Town’s Events Office or obtained from your appointed CTICC event executive.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Where applicable, safety and security plans as set out in the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act and SANS 10366 code have to be submitted in advance with the permit application. The safety officer must be present for the duration of the event, from build-up to strike. A safety file must be compiled, available for inspection and contain all certificates of compliance.
It is prudent that Event Organisers appoint, in writing, a Safety Officer at the beginning of the planning stages so that all contractors and builders can be made aware of their safety requirements prior to build up. The Safety officer should be TechIOSH or ROSPrac registered and hold a qualification not less than a NQF Level 5 in Safety. You can provide your own safety officer or make use of
the CTICC’s preferred supplier. Safety officers are required in venues where activities such as stage construction, exhibition construction, and the rigging and hanging of items take place.
Structural engineers are required to certify all custom built stands, particularly stands higher than 3 metres, or any structure identified by the appointed safety officer. For such structures a temporary building permit must be obtained from the City of Cape Town Building and Development department. Event organisers have to complete the BDM11 form as part of the event permit application pack and also appoint a structural engineer by completing the BDM12 form. The CTICC can assist with these and then submit this on behalf of the event organiser.
All events have to comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act. No 2 of 2010, Construction Regulations 2014, Building Regulations, SANS 10366: 2015, applicable associated legal regulations and City of Cape Town By-laws on Events, Waste, Water, Fire and Disaster Management.
A CTICC Sales Executive will remain your point of contact until the event is contracted at which stage it will be handed over to an Event Executive that will ensure your requirements are met:
Booking – Sales Executive
Booking of venue, contracts
Planning – Event Executive
Event details, supplier quotes, function sheet and full pre-payment, venue rental and all orders
Event – Event Service Manager
All on site requirements
After – Event Executive
Reconciliation, final invoicing
For a seamless transition, clients who host repeat events at the CTICC will not revert back to the sales team, but will continue their relationship with the Event Executive who handled the previous event.
Short Term Bookings
All bookings done within two months of the event date, will go directly from the Sales Executive who receives the booking, to the Event Service Manager who deals with the execution.
Event approval process
Please note that all events booked, longer than six months in advance, are subject to an event approval process, as it potentially impacts on the use of other venues in the building.
As it is not your intention to host a plenary session in Auditorium 1, we are unfortunately unable to confirm availability of the Ballroom at this point. We will therefore only confirm the booking of the Ballroom six months prior to an event. This applies to all venues in the building, and not just the Ballroom.
CTICC requires full pre-payment of all costs relating to your event. The payment plan is outlined as follows:
|On signing of contractto secure booking|
|Required no later
than 3 months before the event
|All additional costs are to be settled prior to the event|
|All additional costs are to be settled prior to the event|
|In the event that your event is booked at a time which does not allow the above mentioned payment plan to take effect, 100% payment will be required by no later than 1 month prior to the event and all further deadlines will be communicated in writing and indicated on the invoices for payment. Credit card payments in excess of R50 000.00 per event will be charged a 4% administration fee. CTICC cannot accept cheques, unless by prior arrangement with management.|
Thinking of hosting an event, view our Day Conference Packages to be inspired.
In respect of exhibition halls the following cancellation provisions will apply:
- 50% (fifty percent) of the total hire charge shall remain payable if written notice of cancellation is received between 720 (seven hundred and twenty) and 360 (three hundred and sixty) days including Saturdays and Sundays and public holidays (“ordinary days”) before the commencement of the Hire Period;
- 100% (one hundred percent) of the total hire charge shall remain payable if written notice of cancellation is received between 360 (three hundred and sixty) and 60 (sixty) ordinary days before the commencement of the Hire Period;
- 125% (one hundred and twenty five percent) of the total hire charge shall remain payable if written notice of cancellation is received less than 60 (sixty) ordinary days before the commencement of the Hire Period.
In respect of rooms and foyers the following cancellation provisions will apply:
- 10 % of the total hire charge shall remain payable if the notice is received 180 days or more before the commencement of the hire period;
- 25% of the total hire charge shall be payable if the notice is received between 121 days and 180 days prior to the commencement of the hire period;
- 50% of the total hire charge shall be payable if the notice is received between 61 and 120 days prior to the commencement of the hire period;
- 75% of the total hire charge shall be payable if the notice is received between 31 and 60 days prior to the commencement of the hire period;
- 125% of the total hire charge shall be payable if the notice is received less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the hire period;
DAY CONFERENCE PACKAGES
If written notice of a reduction in the number of attendees is received –
- 30 days or more prior to commencement of the Hire Period then, notwithstanding actual number of non attendees, the Hirer shall be allowed, for purposes of determining the provisional amount payable to CTICC, a reduction of up to 25% in the number of attendees stated in or provided for in the accepted quotation/confirmation of hire;
- Between 30 and 4 days prior to the commencement of the Hire Period then, notwithstanding actual number of non-attendees, the Hirer shall be allowed, for purposes of determining the provisional amount payable to CTICC, a reduction of up to 10% in the number of attendees stated in the accepted quotation/confirmation of hire.
- The final number of attendees to attend the event shall be confirmed in writing to the Event Executive not less than three days prior to commencement of the Hire Period. The Hirer shall, for purposes of determining the final amount due and payable to CTICC, be entitled to allow for a reduction of no more than 10% of the number of attendees which it previously advised the Event Executive of in writing and was allowed in the terms, if applicable, or otherwise, 10% of the pre-estimated number.
- In instances where a booking is made 30 days or less prior to commencement of the Hire Period , the Hirer shall be afforded up to 25% reduction in the number of attendees quoted or referred to in the booking provided that written notice of such reduction is received at least 72 hours prior to the commencement of the Hire Period.
- In the event of the number of attendees being more than the number quoted for, otherwise provided for or allowed, CTICC shall be entitled to levy a 20% surcharge on the catering component of the booking unless the Hirer notifies CTICC within 72 hours prior to the commencement of the Hire Period of such increase.