Megan Arendse, GM: Business Development & Commercial receiving the CTICC’s BBBEE Award at the Lilizela Awards ceremony.
The CTICC was on a winning streak this year when it scooped six prestigious awards. The centre ended the year on a high receiving both the Lilizela Awards for BBBEE in Large Enterprises in October and an international Summit Award for Marketing Effectiveness in November.
The centre was also a finalist in the National Business Awards receiving nominations in the Sustainability and Top Performing Business Leader categories. This brings the centre’s business accolades to 6 for 2016:
- Top500 Companies Awards: Exhibitions and Conference Facilities
- SAACI (Southern African Association for Conference Industry) Members Choice Awards: Best Conference and Events Venue 2016
- Top40 Women in MICE: CTICC CEO, Julie-May Ellingson
- Business Traveller Africa Award 2016: Large Conference Venue
- Lilizela Tourism Awards: Large Enterprise BBBEE Award
- Summit Awards: Marketing Effectiveness Award
“It is always an honour for us when we receive awards and accolades. It is also a bonus when you are recognised by your industry peers. Moreover, I believe it is a reflection of the dedication and hard work of our staff. Financial results and client satisfaction are key performance measurements for us. But receiving awards is an added boost,” said Julie-May Ellingson, CTICC Chief Executive Officer.